Website Checklist: Ten Questions
This checklist is to help me get a good idea of the type of website you require and what will be involved in developing it:
1. Do you have a preference for the platform used to develop the site e.g. WordPress, Joomla, or a static (HTML5) website that needs no independent content updates?
2. What websites (or themes/templates) do you like the look and feel of? If you have an existing site, what do you like or dislike about it?
3. What types of features or functions will you require?
4. What is the desired colour scheme – do you have a logo or branding, and should it be in line with this?
5. Social media – do you require share and follow buttons, or feeds from social media accounts (e.g. recent tweets, Instagram stream etc)?
6. Do you have your written content ready plus images, videos (best hosted on YouTube or Vimeo), graphics etc?
7. If you require an online shop or buy buttons, how many products/categories will there be and how would you like to take payments?
8. Do you have a web host and domain name?
To give you more control, it is best if you register the domain name yourself and find your own host. I can help you to do this.
9. Do you want to ‘optimise’ your site for search engines, and do you have key words or phrases?
10. Do you want to track the number of visits and visitors to your site?