WordPress websites are neat, clean solutions to building a website that lets you take control and manage the content.
Using WordPress you can add, edit and delete:
- menu items
- blog posts
It can be extended to also give you control over:
- an online shop
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
My standard WordPress package includes:
- Installation of WordPress on your web host’s server
- Identification of an appropriate WordPress theme (template) to match the functionality, look and feel you want for your site.
- Addition of content and customisation of your theme with images, headers, fonts, logos, backgrounds, contact forms, testimonials, galleries and photo slideshows as required
- Integration of your social media
- All sites are ‘responsive’ and will adapt to different screen sizes, from mobiles and tablets to desktops
- Installation and activation of key plug-ins
- Support and guidance to help you make the most of your site, including a brief website guide
Around 1 in 4 websites today is built using WordPress, ranging from companies such as Renault and Sony to pop acts such as Kylie Minogue and Beyoncé, as well as Brighton’s sea front tourist attraction, the i360. It’s a popular choice.
And this website is of course also built in WordPress.
I will normally install and activate the following or similar plug-ins
- All in One SEO Pack or Yoast SEO – to help optimise your website for search engines
- iThemes Security or WordFence- to help you keep your site secure
- Other plugins appropriate to your site
eCommerce can be added to a site via solid reliable plugins such as WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
Around 25-30% of eCommerce sites are powered by WooCommerce.
Increasingly all websites require an SSL certificate. If you have membership site or an ecommerce site (even with payments taken via payPal), this is essential to ensure those on your site that it is secure. Google too is giving higher weight to websites with an SSL certificate. I can help you install an SSL certificate for your site. Depending on your hosting, the certificate itself cost a little each year or your hosting package may include one or have a free one available. Once installed and set up, your site will show the green padlock or equivalent in the browser bar.
WordPress Training Session
To help you make the most of your WordPress website, a training session (up to 90 minutes) in Brighton or by Skype can be added for an additional £30.
Updates & Security
WordPress websites consist of the core WordPress installation, a theme (template) and plugins. It is essential that all of these are updated regularly. This keeps your website secure and functioning at an optimum level. You can do the updates yourself or ask me to do them for you at my hourly rate.
WordPress Sites From My Portfolio:
Click on to view full screen slideshow.
More WordPress websites can be viewed on my portfolio page.